Tuesday, July 19, 2016

OUT OF THE SHELL AND BE A LIGHT!

I have always been a 'buried-within-myself' kind of person. I realize that while it is natural to be emotional, I am often hyperemotional. I focus too much on my emotions. My feelings. I feel this. I feel that. But seriously happiness in life goes beyond just 'feelings'. Being overly centred on your own feelings and self blinds you from noticing others' feelings and struggles too. When I focus too much on the comfort of my feelings,  I forget that others have needs too. A need for help whatsoever. But my self-absorption sinks me into a pit of loneliness (even amongst people) and unfulfilment. I realize that happiness isn't really about what others do for you and how comfortable you are. True happiness comes when you come out of yourself, perhaps your shell, to be able to see the world around you, in a whole new light, and extend a helping hand in anyway you can. Chances are, you'll find more than what you've been looking for. It's not about waiting on others hand and foot. It's about extending yourself beyond your shell to contribute to a better world. Of course doing this with a sincere intention to please your Lord, makes it more than worthwhile. Be yourself. Don't take on more than you can do. But be of help to the world around you. Be a light.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment