Thursday, February 25, 2016

SOUL-SEARCHING


I am nothing but a soul
Seeking the innermost peace
Despite the passing of ages,
My true self remains the same
Small, quiet, inhibitive
Yet fierce and forceful
Like a molten magma about to explode
Outwardly I am weak and ordinary
Inwardly I feel like a bird
Yearning for beyond the skies
Striving for peace, beauty, light, purity, vast space
Pleasure of the One Who made me
Having a pure soul is not an easy task
I hope to be one of them.

As for the passings of this world,
How do I make the best of my stay here?
Life is short
What if my departure is near?
What have I sent forth?
What have I built?
What impact have I made?
What lives have I touched?
What legacy am I leaving behind?
What wealth have I truly?
How does my soul look like?
Is it beautiful or ugh....?
Time keeps moving?
What am I doing?

Lone stranger walking her Journey
More concerned about the quality of her soul
Than the quality of the material things she's got
Constantly asking: "Are You pleased with me Lord?"
Striving to be among the best,
Her inherent weaknesses keep overcoming her
Depressed she feels
She forgets that it's not about perfection
But progress
She believes herself to be weak
While being strong and even fierce
Is what the heroes with her name have been

She keeps pondering over life as a Journey
Loving everything that speaks of beauty, light, purity,
Vastness of space, and a deep inner peace
She wonders what she is in Allah's Sight
She wonders how much she has achieved with her life
She doesn't live the big life
She lives the quiet, ordinary, seclusive life
She wonders if she has lived her life to the fullest
In truly serving her Lord, Allah
Deep inside she feels there is more to be done
Even though cannot figure out what or how
Does it have to be so loud that her praises is sung?
No! No loudness! Just quietness.
Leave her little impacts in the world quietly
She hopes she is known and loved by all in the heavens.


No comments:

Post a Comment